Approximately 30% of Internet users say they find traditional banner advertising distracting and will actively avoid sites where the ads interfere too much with content.
This reality has forced publishers to search for new revenue options. Sponsored content has become a popular—and effective—choice, as this week’s stats demonstrate.
1. Despite demographic and content differences, business and entertainment news users are highly receptive to in-feed sponsored content if it is relevant, authoritative, and trustworthy.
2. Sponsored content is viewed by nearly half of business and entertainment audiences as enhancing the value of the overall website experience.
3. Seventy percent of individuals want to learn about products through content rather than through traditional advertising.
4. People view native ads 53% more than banner ads.
5. Native advertising generates 82% brand lift.
6. Seventy-one percent of publishers received no major complaints from readers for featuring sponsored content.
This post is brought to you by Giselle Abramovic via CMO.com.